April 23, 2014, 07:07:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coleman Abs front and rear panel attachment  (Read 1227 times)
dkutz
Parking Heckler

« on: May 22, 2012, 04:31:54 PM »

So our colemans front And back panel are coming loose again.  I have fixed them once using black automotive trim fastners, but that didnt last.  Also when i tried to fix this time the holes dont line up.   

Is there a better way to attach it?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 06:37:54 AM by dkutz » Logged

Dawnne and Dieter
DS '00
DS '02
DS '04
2 Dogs Eve, Lulu + 5 Cats.

2002 Coleman/Fleetwood Tacoma - A/C - 
2013 Toyota Sienna
austinado16
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 05:38:31 AM »

Pictures my friend, pictures!

First, find out why the original mount holes aren't lining up.  Once you have that solved, think outside the box for the fasteners.  Usually, bigger is better, and include a wide fender washer when possible in order to spread the load and grip.  There are also thin rubber washers that can go between your fender washer and the plastic, and toothed washers can be used to provide a grip that doesn't let go due to vibration and such.

But that's all just words since I don't know how those ends are supposed to be attached.
mstrbill
Off Duty Moderator
Parking Heckler

Austin, Tx

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 06:24:14 AM »

on my Bayport, metal screws were used top and bottom. On the top they were screwed in the 1x2 wood top rail. On the bottom they screwed into the metal frame.

Bill

the Camping Poms: Joy, Tori & Bella the Yorkie
2008 Fleetwood Niagara Highwall -  PopUp Blue  SUV Black - 2004 Chevy Suburban LT
96 Coleman Bayport -  PopUp Blue Pickup Blue - 98 F150SC - lots of great memories, but got tired of fighting the sagging cracking ABS roof
IPcamper
Chocks-a-lot

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 04:24:29 AM »

On our 2002 Coleman Cottonwood, the panels are attached with screws on the bottom and expanding rivets on the top. I had to fix the front panel a couple years ago and found the rivets at McMaster-Carr  http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-rivets/=hoqqzi. It is the "Bulb Style". I don't remember the exact dimensions, but here is a picture of it

IPcamper
03 Ford Explorer
02 Coleman Cottonwood
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: