September 19, 2014, 03:49:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coleman Mesa Awning?  (Read 1712 times)
Moriarty
Handle Cranker

« on: June 19, 2011, 04:30:55 PM »

I have a really simple (hopefully) question about the setup of the awning on my 03 Coleman Mesa.  We have been tent camping for close to 10 years, and since the kids aren't getting any smaller we decided to upgrade to our pup this year.  Our inaugural trip was this past weekend and we are extremely pleased with how everything went.  I did use some of the advise from PUX to help us avoid some of the common pitfalls, but we still had one problem.

How do you set up the awnings on the Coleman Mesa?  Being new to our pup and awnings in general (we had an ancient sun shelter that used ungodly amounts of pvc pipe to set up) we puzzled over it for quite a while before we gave up and repacked it.  Can anyone help or point me to a users manual that can show me how to set this up?

Cheers! BEER!

Me Dave (77)  New Jersey
DW Vanissa (70) Pennsylvania
DS Joey (94) Pennsylvania
DD Valerie (97) Pennsylvania
DD Cassidy (03) Pennsylvania

03 Coleman Mesa  PopUp Green Van Green 98 Plymouth Voyager
Oz and Us
PUX is my life

Burlington, Ontario, Canada

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 04:46:12 PM »

Unzip the awning bag and unroll the awning ... the three vertical support poles nest within the front awning rail and should drop down from it once you fully unroll the awning.  With one of the three ridge poles preset to the correct length simply set the end with the plastic tip in the (middle) hole located on the front rail and rest the rubber foot end against the roof sidewall.  At this point the awning will be self supporting and you can then put the two outer ridge poles in place at your leisure.  A tip ... inside the awning bag you see three fabric loops ... before placing the rubber foot end of each ridge pole against the roof sidewall give each of the loops a 180 degree twist, then insert the pole end through the loop ... when the wind comes up the poles will be much less likely to pull out of the loops.  Once set up you may want to guy the awning so a sudden wind gust doesn't cause it to collapse OR you could modify the bottom of each vertical pole as I did and simply stake the poles to the ground.

Oz Mods Gallery

'14 Freedom Express 192RBS / '05 Avalanche 4x2
'03 Fleetwood Yuma / '05 Avalanche 4x2
'08 KZ Spree 240BH-LX / '05 Avalanche 4x2
'07 RVision TrailCruiser C21RBH / '06 Silverado 4x4
2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe / '98 Explorer 4x4
'98 Jayco Eagle 10UD / '94 Caravan
'69 Coleman CT380 / '65 Impala

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy!"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: