August 23, 2014, 03:24:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: skamper heater  (Read 1596 times)
texastrish
Kindlin' Collector

« on: April 16, 2011, 06:32:12 PM »

Hello-am new to this forum.We have a 2001 Skamper that we have had for a couple of years.Graduated up from tent camping.Live in Texas.Have never had any need to use the heater but plan on going camping in Colorado this summer. Does anyone have any idea on how to light up or turn on the heater? We bought the camper from someone else and have never had any kind of manual and never having a pop-up before,we have no clue. Also, the bar for our awning is broken in the middle.Any ideas on how to fix that or purchase a new one?Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks.
austinado16
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 08:06:49 PM »

Welcome to PUX!

Maybe you can tell us what brand of furnace you have in the Scamper?  My guess would be that by 2001 it would be a direct spark model......so all you have to do is open the front door on it, and maybe turn it "on," and then go to the thermostat (mounted on or near the galley usually) and turn that "on" if it has an actual "on/off" switch, and then set the temperature like you'd do on a home thermostat.  You should then hear the furnace blower fan turn on, followed by the fast clicking sound of the ignitor, and then a woosh sound of the burner igniting.

That's just a generic answer since I don't know the specifics of your model, and I'm not very familiar with the direct spark furnaces.  For example, there may not be an on/off switch inside the front door of the furnace, and all you actually have to do is turn "on" the thermostat by sliding the temp lever from the lowest "off" position, to the temp you want.

As far as the awning pole goes, you can probably contact the manufacturer of the awning and purchase a new pole.  Or, remove the pole and take it to a welding/fabrication shop and ask them to repair it by welding a sleeve over the broken section......basically, weld the broken section together, then slide a sleeve over the weld area, and weld the ends of the sleeve to the pole.  If you have an exhaust shop in town that you see does a lot of the local hot rods and custom cars, they'll be a good source for a repair like that.  You wouldn't take something like this to a Midas or Meineke, just like you wouldn't take your vehicle to them for any reason.

Just thinking outloud about how I'd go about it, and hopefully that helps get you headed in the right direction.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: