July 24, 2014, 05:33:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2006 19ft rockwood roo  (Read 4908 times)
rockwood camper
Kindlin' Collector

« on: March 28, 2011, 08:03:02 AM »

We just purchased a 2006 19ft rockwood roo and haven't picked it up yet we would like to know what things to look for before we bring it home, and if anyone know of any problems with that year. Thank you.
bikendan
Back-er-in-er

Marin Redwoods "Redwoods Roo"

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 08:14:01 AM »

check the hinge areas on both bunk ends and their rubber seals. if there is any sign of water intrusion or damage, put a hold on the purchase. also check the canvas attachment areas for tears or cracks.

other than that, anything else would be typical things to look for on any type of RV.

Dan-Firefighter
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur
Zoe-The Golden Fetching Machine(RIP)
Hybrid Orange 2007 Roo 23SS
Chevrolet 2007 Avalanche
California Napa, Cal.
dadmomh
Back-er-in-er

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 11:34:12 AM »

If you've not had experience with a hybrid travel trailer before, you may want to get yourself something to drink and a comfy chair and start with searches, on this forum, as well as RVNet/Hybrid, for "condensation", "bunk end leaks", "winterizing" or "dewinterizing" depending on your location.  There are several quirks specific to HTTs and you will find a wealth of information in those searches.  You may also want to check "Pop-up-Gizmos" on their website.  This is usually #1 on the shopping list for a new owner.  They clip onto the top of the bunkends and help to stabilize temps in the ends.  Lots to learn, but well worth it!  Make lots of happy memories.

dadmomh Tennesee
dadh-'44 Wink
momh-'45  Shy
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue
Sam, you were the best!
Foxy is our new camping buddy!
Biscuit and Lily now 8 mo old...and GROWING
We support responsibility - Spay/Neuter
2003 F-150 Crew Cab Ford w/Blue Ox 1000 and Prodigy
2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604
Still "hybriders" at heart
Chuck S
PUX is my life

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 02:50:44 PM »

I'd put Popup Gizmos waaaaaaaaaaay down the list of things to rush out and buy for the trailer. 

We used our set one (1) time last year, albeit for a 10 day period last October.  They're the same set I bought in 2002, 10 camping seasons ago.  Plenty of time to buy them if you want.  We'll use them later this month, but April in Pennsylvania ain't that warm.  For summer?  Rarely.  Get shaded sites.

More important stuff keeps the trailer from rolling away in the middle of the night; makes it level; disposes of waste water, etc.  Start near home at your favorite state park.  Buy incrementally as you need it. 

-- Chuck

'02 Bayside '06 Roo 23SS behind '02 Explorer '07 Expedition out of Cleveland
Our Photos.
rockwood camper
Kindlin' Collector

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 11:49:18 AM »

We just purchased a 2006 19ft rockwood roo and haven't picked it up yet we would like to know what things to look for before we bring it home, and if anyone know of any problems with that year. Thank you.
[/quote  thank you for all the info, when we looked at the roo at sicard rv i did notice the front mattress was laying on the table so i  request that the seals be replaced,and did not see any water damage at the bottom of the front tipout.and for the gizmos i will defiantly look into them, we are new at rving and when i read the manual for the trailer it covers all there trailers so it is confuseing what i have in my trailer, i gess i will have to wait to i get it home. they said they would go over the rv with me when i pick it up ,it was febuary and could not try everything out.that said i have a 30 day on everything and 6 month on the gas apliances. thanks again the new guy/rver.
Oz and Us
PUX is my life

Burlington, Ontario, Canada

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 12:07:13 PM »

We just purchased a 2006 19ft rockwood roo and haven't picked it up yet we would like to know what things to look for before we bring it home, and if anyone know of any problems with that year.

A 2006 model year camper would likely have originally had tires on it that were manufactured in 2005, meaning that if the tires on this trailer are original you'd definitely want all five replaced ... don't let Sicard tell you they "look fine", check the tire date code imprinted on the tire sidewalls yourself and if those codes indicate the tires are any more than 5 years old insist on new tires.  Also confirm the bearings have recently been replaced / repacked and the brakes serviced / adjusted.

Oz Mods Gallery

'14 Freedom Express 192RBS / '05 Avalanche 4x2
'03 Fleetwood Yuma / '05 Avalanche 4x2
'08 KZ Spree 240BH-LX / '05 Avalanche 4x2
'07 RVision TrailCruiser C21RBH / '06 Silverado 4x4
2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe / '98 Explorer 4x4
'98 Jayco Eagle 10UD / '94 Caravan
'69 Coleman CT380 / '65 Impala

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy!"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: