October 25, 2014, 07:16:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help FAST!!! I messed up and bed won't slide!  (Read 1891 times)
Camping Queen
Back-er-in-er

San Clemente, CA

« on: July 01, 2010, 11:11:28 AM »

Brought the pup home today to sanitize the tank and pre-cool the fridge for a camping trip this weekend.  I slid out the bunk ends and then the dinette as I'm supposed to do.  Then, I realized I forgot the plug adapter for the shore power cord in the front storage, so I proceeded to slide in the bunk end but forgot to slide in the dinette first.  Stopped when I met resistance, found the dinette out and canvas in the way.  Got canvas out, slid dinette in and tried to get bed to slide in but met more resistance.  Found bed railing resting on cushions of dinette and not on the little metal guide/support (kind of looks like an L bracket but is rounded at the edge.)  Got railing to rest on those guides again, but now bed won't move easily in either direction.  Please see pics attached.  Are the brackets supposed to go inside the track of the rail, or is the rail supposed to ride on top of the brackets???  Please help!!!  I'm kicking myself for forgetting "proper procedure" and screwing this up right before a trip!  And kicking myself again for not paying close enough attention to know exactly how that railing is supposed to look when working correctly.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 11:19:38 AM by Camping Queen » Logged

Jane -'6?  Deleware         
DH Dennis (The Reluctant Camper) -'58 Texas  
DD1 -'98  California
DD2 -'01  California
'14 Toyota Tacoma  Pickup Grey
'05 Honda Odyssey  Van Blue
'04 Jayco Eagle 12 FSO   PopUp Green
gtstricky
Handle Cranker

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 12:12:17 PM »

I don't have an answer so here is a free bump.

By the way, could you look at the other bunk end to see how the rails work?

2011 Chevrolet Traverse
2008 Fleetwood Arcadia   PopUp Green

me- 39
DW - 38
Max- 7
Paulie- 5
Sarah- 3
knobbyhead
Back-er-in-er

The Sea Shore NJ

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 12:38:55 PM »

Camping Queen -

Don't fret, the "I'm kicking myself for forgetting "proper procedure" " club is not a small club and is always accepting new members.  I myself just joined this club the last time I went camping.  This is commonly referred on this board as  "SPUT".

I would go and do what gtstricky suggested and look at the other good bed rail.   Mostly likely this will give insight on how the rail track should go.  Most likely your bed is off the track.

good luck and report back !

Bob

DW - Trish
1995 Jayco J1006
2005 Ford Explorer XLT
1993 Volvo 240

pony280
Chocks-a-lot

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 07:15:33 AM »

Another free bump.

Did you have any luck looking at the "good end"?

Hope you did and are happily setting off on a camping weekend!

Elizabeth and Scott
SteveP
Back-er-in-er

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 08:56:41 AM »

I always assumed that the bed rails on my Jayco 1008 sat on top of those tabs.  When the bed is pushed in it sits above the side wall, inside the top wall when the top is down.  I'm going to stick with above.  I'll try to remember to look tonight if the rain lets up.  There's one that holds up the front bed just inside the door.

Yeah, the bed rail should sit on top of the tab so that it actually sits above the sidewall. It looks in your pics like the rail is below the top of the sidewall, but that could be the angle.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 03:14:28 PM by SteveP » Logged

Camping Queen
Back-er-in-er

San Clemente, CA

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 03:39:05 PM »

Thanks for all your kind replies.  DH got home that evening and helped me troubleshoot it (thank God for a smart and mechanically inclined man when you need one!).  I had replaced the rails to ride inside the track of those brackets, but they actually ride on top.  Took him a couple of minutes to figure it out, and a few more to lubricate things and they work like a charm!  The other side was no help because those had two standard type rails; it was the dinette that changed the picture.  Again, thanks!

Jane -'6?  Deleware         
DH Dennis (The Reluctant Camper) -'58 Texas  
DD1 -'98  California
DD2 -'01  California
'14 Toyota Tacoma  Pickup Grey
'05 Honda Odyssey  Van Blue
'04 Jayco Eagle 12 FSO   PopUp Green
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: