July 29, 2014, 12:38:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: fleetwood scorpion campers  (Read 7589 times)
kacz7895
Wheel Chocker

« on: June 13, 2010, 07:43:22 AM »

Can anyone tell me if they still make these or not.
tsc
Back-er-in-er

SW Ontario, Canada

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 07:51:10 AM »

I'm not sure. But the Scorpion name is not used. It might be the rebranded E series (Evolution)

2003 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat FX4
1973 AMF Sunkamper (hoping to upgrade real soon---now upgraded)
2009 Fleetwood Utah (maiden voyage 24 Aug 08)
rjniles
Back-er-in-er

Georgetown SC

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 07:54:41 AM »

Scorpion was built model years 2005, 2006 and 2007. The Evolution series is the current production of this type.

Bob & Sandra

2002 Coleman Cheyenne
2007 Chrysler T&C
kacz7895
Wheel Chocker

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 08:17:53 AM »

thank you for the info. that is whst i was coming up with too. has anyone ever owned one of these. i really like the cargo decks on these and the way there setup
pianojuggler
Back-er-in-er

Pacific Northwet

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 11:36:17 AM »

Didn't someone ask about these a couple weeks ago?

I seem to recall someone on PUX showing pictures of his Scorpion.  I seem to recall they made two or three sizes, but they all had the bunkends extend perpendicular to the direction of travel, rather than parallel to it like most PUPs.  They also had a huge cargo deck and the door opened onto the deck, so it sort of became your front patio when the PUP was set up.  This configuration severely limits the maximum "length" (in this case width) of the box.  I don't know if the bunkends were staggered/layered, otherwise each bed could only be about 3 feet wide (or a 4- and a 2-foot bed).

They were built like an Evolution -- more rugged, higher ground clearance, etc.

But, apparently they never caught on or Fleetwood decided for us that there wasn't enough market for these.  I think they were only made a couple of years, and I have not seen them in the current Fleetwood or Coleman product line the whole time I have been PUPping.  I do see one on rare occasion on craigslist.

Good luck.

SUV Blue 2000 ML430  PopUp Green 1995 Coleman Utah
pianojuggler
Back-er-in-er

Pacific Northwet

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 11:45:28 AM »

Here's a great review and some pics from 2006.

Scorpion

rjniles
Back-er-in-er

Georgetown SC

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 11:56:01 AM »

Here is one for sale if you live in on the Left coast.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/rvs/1788202574.html

And that is why you should update your profile as to where you live so that responses can be specific.
Including your year and model camper is helpful if you are asking repair type questions. Not trying to scold but being informative.

Bob & Sandra

2002 Coleman Cheyenne
2007 Chrysler T&C
pianojuggler
Back-er-in-er

Pacific Northwet

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 12:41:41 PM »

That's a nice unit, although I still don't think there's much sleeping space.  Clear in the pictures, the bunks are not vertically staggered, so each one is at most half the width of the box -- maybe seven feet total?  And this one has the hard-wall lav, so it appears the dinette is pretty small -- not parallel to one of the bunkends.

Maybe their market was off-roaders who go play all day, then just come back and crash so they don't need much in the way of room -- but for that, I would have expected to skip the nice potty and galley, and maximize sleeping space.

Maybe that's why the Scorpion line was not wildly successful.

kacz7895
Wheel Chocker

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 06:51:43 PM »

thanks for all the comments. I updated my profile so everyone knows where i am at. I bought a camper for 100 dollars about a month ago for 100 dollars and have used it a couple of times. We wanted to get a cheap camper to see if we liked camping and would use it. we do love camping and are going to go camping more once i get back. But the wife went to camper world the other day to get ideas now she wants another camper. so ill be buying one in 6 months or so.

is there a better time of year to buy a camper than others.

is there a website that sells repoed campers. i seen that the link rjniles put on here the camper was repoed got me to thinking
pianojuggler
Back-er-in-er

Pacific Northwet

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 11:11:50 AM »

is there a better time of year to buy a camper than others.

is there a website that sells repoed campers. i seen that the link rjniles put on here the camper was repoed got me to thinking
The dead of winter.

I don't know specifically about repos... around here, you can go to a bank or credit union's web site and they have a page of repo vehicles.  craigslist is usually the ripest place to get bargains, but be patient.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: