August 27, 2014, 11:04:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jayco Routine maintenance  (Read 1303 times)
pupateer
Handle Cranker

My Jayco HW12

« on: June 07, 2010, 01:21:01 PM »

OK, this past weekend I did most of my routine maintenance. I resealed my 2004 Jayco 12HW pup. I also lubricated the lifter arms with silicone spray. While I had it popped up, I patched a few pinholes in my tent material as well. However, I still need to oil the crank/winch gears. I looked in the camper for a cover that might be over the winch gears, but I can't find one. Does anyone know where it is?

Besides that, I still have to adjust the electric brakes and grease the wheel bearings. I'm going to be out camping on Father's Day weekend, and I was planning on sanitizing my fresh water holding tank while I was there. I bought the camper used, so I don't really know the maintenance history of it. So, I figured I'd do everything so I know it's done. Am I missing anything else?

Life is not a highway... It's the backroads just waiting to be explored.
knobbyhead
Back-er-in-er

The Sea Shore NJ

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 03:35:22 PM »

I have a 95 J series and i can access the gears to the lift by removing the access panel on the inside front of my popup that is between the front 2 cabinets.   

The access panel is 2 long pieces of wood that form a small "shelf" near the floor.   Take if off and look to your right you should see your gears.    With the panel off you can check your eye hooks with the camper partial raised.  Mine were all stretched out and i had to replace them.

I also spray silicone spay on my bed rails. 

Check your tires for cracks and if they are over 5 years old they should be replaced.  They are relatively cheap and this is cheap insurance.   I do not want to have a blow out on my PU.  I have seen somewhere on this board that tires have a date code.     

Bob

DW - Trish
1995 Jayco J1006
2005 Ford Explorer XLT
1993 Volvo 240

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: