October 20, 2014, 02:44:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: '01 Coleman Cheyenne - Storage Box Lid  (Read 2157 times)
kolsenttu
Wheel Chocker

« on: May 10, 2010, 09:26:45 PM »

My wife and I just purchased out first popup this weekend!  We are working on some basic fixes to get her ready for the first weekend away (Roof seal, latches, cleaning, battery, etc). 

The previous owner was the original and not very mechically savey, but the trailer overall is in great shape.  There is a plastic liner inside the storage box lid that has fallen off and don't know how to get it back in place.  There are several small drilled holes in the inside liner that look like they were some sort of plastic rivets...

Anyone had the inside liner come disconnected?  What is the best way to re-attach?  I think this will be necessary to prevent the top from collapsing under its own weight.  Recommendations much appreciated! Smiley
TooManyTents
Parking Heckler

Willamette Valley, Oregon

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 06:36:45 AM »

kolsenttu,
Welcome to PUX and congratulations on your new trailer.

Sounds like your trunk lid has the same problem mine did (mine was caused by forgetting to latch the lid, then driving down the freeway).  The webbing support came disconnected from the trunk lid.

I took mine to an auto body shop and asked "can you fix this?".  They told me to go have coffee and come back in an hour.  They used their magic adhesives and employees who know what they are doing with all the magic adhesives and fixed it.  I had black glue showing around the edges underneath, but no one ever looks at the bottom side of the lid, so I wasn't worried.   Original estimate was about $60 plus adhesives.

Dave Oregon - 1999 Coleman Cheyenne   2003.5 Coleman Utah  PopUp Grey  Pickup White ---->  2011 Ever-Lite 27RB TravTrl Long Green  Pickup White
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: