August 29, 2014, 01:58:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Awning set-up?  (Read 5036 times)
superc_1
Kindlin' Collector

« on: April 12, 2010, 08:31:27 AM »

I have a 96 jayco udk12 pop-up and I couldn't figure out how to set the awning up? The owners manual diagram looked nothing like whats on the camper and looks like nothing I've set-up before? It got two legs on each end but I don't see any brackets on the camper that they hook too. Any way anybody know of a link or maybe know what I'm talking about? The awning unrolls by hand and its not a crank out if this might help.  Jolly Roger
socharming
Handle Cranker

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 08:56:50 AM »

Can you post a photo?

2001 Viking Saga 1906st
superc_1
Kindlin' Collector

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 10:14:07 AM »

I'll get a picture in a few days.
Thanks
He Ruide
Back-er-in-er

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 11:00:21 AM »

Although this deals with Fleetwood/Coleman awnings you may find this helpful.

Ruide

Fleetwood Evolution E3
Hummer H2
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
Honda EU 3000 Generator

My Mods and Pictures and My Weekly Blog
MIpucamper
Chocks-a-lot

2007 Dodge Ram, 2010 Jayco 1207

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 03:28:05 AM »

Wow does your story sound famililar.  We bought a 1996 Jayco 1006 about 5 years ago.  It too came with a bag awning, with no set up instructions.  There should be three spring tension poles that are to be used as the rafters, and three friction tension poles to be used for the uprights.  We had this reversed and could never get the awning to stay up.  We tried everything, but nothing would work.  Finally after one particular disaster in a wind we had to replace two of the poles.  We got the parts from Gillettes Interstate RV in Lansing Mi.  When I picked up the poles I just casually mentioned the trouble we had setting up the awing.  All I got was this strange stare and then the parts guy told me that we were setting the awning up wrong.  Everyone had a great laugh at my expense but at least I learned how to properly set up the awning.  It works great.  It doesn't take very long to set up and holds up well in strong winds.  I hope that this is of some help to you.  By the way, the rafters have a straight post coming out of the end and the friction tension poles have a flat piece of aluminum with a hole in it.  The post of the rafter goes through the hole in the friction pole and then into the horizontal pole in the awning.  I have made a few modifications but I can tell you about those later.  Good luck. Michigan

Fred & Pat & Abby the black lab

"Remember if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"--Red Green
rabird
Parking Heckler

N. Texas

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 06:59:15 AM »

Although this deals with A&E trim line awnings of that era you may find this helpful.

Click to enlarge

Spring rafters go between the PU and awning tube, adjustable 'legs' join the horizontal rafters and awning tube.
Tie it down. Many take 'em down for storms/wind, if I put it up, it stays up! My spring rafter are very tight and takes 2 folks to set up. I put the rubber booted end of the rafter in the bag against the PU.

Happy camping.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 07:10:34 AM by rabird » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: