July 24, 2014, 04:18:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding a Water Pump to 91 coleman pop up  (Read 3040 times)
superlurk
Wheel Chocker

Not new to nature, just to comfort camping....

« on: March 11, 2010, 10:52:16 AM »

My NTU 91 coleman, sun valley, by fleetwood pop up, does not have a water pump. I had to re install the water tank, and there is no longer a pump handle in the sink. I am looking for a decent pump for someone on a tight budget. I have a backround in the automotive repair industry so wiring is not a problem just looking for something that will work for a decent amount of dollars. Thanks in advanced for any advice.

Thanks Trey.

NTU - '91 Fleetwood Coleman Sun Valley PU
Pulled by a 2003 Ford F150
1 son
1 wife (with a family full of campers)
2 Stay home dogs (for now one day they will travel)
skroesen
Chocks-a-lot

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 12:48:36 PM »

Try eBay...some on there for less than $50.  I have surflow pumps in my boat and work well...not sure what is in my PUP but know they are probably the most common for RV use.  The addition of an accumulator tank is nice to keep the pump from cycling but not required if on a tight budget.

1996 Starcraft Starlounge 1224 pulled by a 2007 Expedition.  PopUp Orange  SUV Red

For the water, 2004 Crownline 230BR

2010: 6 Nights

Camping Pictures

Repair Pictures
IPcamper
Chocks-a-lot

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 01:16:27 PM »

We added a Shureflow to our 2002 Cottonwood a few years back. It works great!, but it was rather loud. I put a rubber pad under it and wrapped the inlet line with some insulation, those modifications quieted it down to an acceptable hum.

While I was at it, I replaced the pump faucet with a standard faucet from a wet bar. The higher neck makes washing pots much easier.

Last year, when I had some cash, I added a hot water heater and an outdoor shower. DW was most pleased with hot water.

So .... be careful with what you start, over time you may find yourself adding more and more to your trailer as well.

IPcamper
03 Ford Explorer
02 Coleman Cottonwood
superlurk
Wheel Chocker

Not new to nature, just to comfort camping....

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 02:22:52 PM »

Thanks so far folks. The reason for the tight budget is we are leaving in a month for a weekend trip and with having to buy all of the basic stuff i am looking into things that will make it easier on us.

NTU - '91 Fleetwood Coleman Sun Valley PU
Pulled by a 2003 Ford F150
1 son
1 wife (with a family full of campers)
2 Stay home dogs (for now one day they will travel)
BuxCamper
Parking Heckler

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 06:11:16 PM »

Look at the link in my signature.  I added a water pump to my old Sedona.  It was the higher end Shur-Flo Whisper King.  

When I got the Niagara I wanted to put a Whisper King in there too but after adding soft faucet riser water lines and an accumulator plus some rubber washers under the pump's feet it was almost inaudiable.  At least as good as the WK.  I plan on doing similar to the new HTT.  However, they already have soft water lines connecting the pump to the rest of the system, so that's a start.

-- Mark (AKA Mud Man)

2010 Kodiak 235 towed w/ 2011 Chevrolet Silverado Hybrid Green Pickup Green

Our Camping Pictures Including Niagara &  Sedona Pop-Ups

I used a multi-billion dollar satellite navigation system to look for a rubber chicken in a tree.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: