August 21, 2014, 02:08:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Camper won't crank down  (Read 6125 times)
Marie131
Kindlin' Collector

« on: September 25, 2009, 08:37:32 PM »

We just bought our first PUP this summer.  Its a '93 Coachman.  We have taken it out many times without issue, however, we were about to take it out tonight for our last trip of the season and could not get the roof down after we had loaded it.  3 of the sides were coming down fine, except the front right wouldn't budge (however it did seem to go up - just not down)  Just wondering what the problem could be, if this a diy kind of job (we are not handy peoplem but we are willing to give it a shot if its not too complicated) or if this is an expensive job for the professionals?  TIA!!
wavery
PUX is my life

TrailManor.......TRUE Pop-Up

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 08:52:08 PM »

We just bought our first PUP this summer.  Its a '93 Coachman.  We have taken it out many times without issue, however, we were about to take it out tonight for our last trip of the season and could not get the roof down after we had loaded it.  3 of the sides were coming down fine, except the front right wouldn't budge (however it did seem to go up - just not down)  Just wondering what the problem could be, if this a diy kind of job (we are not handy peoplem but we are willing to give it a shot if its not too complicated) or if this is an expensive job for the professionals?  TIA!!
It may be something silly like forgetting to take the door out (we've done that) or if your PU has those roof supts, are they out.

If that's all good, sounds like a cable might have slipped off of a pulley and got jammed. Check the cable from where it goes up in that corner from underneath the camper. Look inside the supt legs, if you can, to see if the cable is off of a pulley.

Wayne, Carolyn & Sccamp 14  grandkids  ...Southern California
--------------
'98 Winnebago Adventurer 33
160W Solar Panels, Dual 6V Batteries

EX PU- '04 Trailmanor 2720SL........ 

3X PU '02 Coleman Tacoma

EX- TV - 2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 (ext cab) 157" WB.
austinado16
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 10:22:41 PM »

I wonder if the cable that operates that one stuck side has hung up under the camper?  You might crawl under there and take a look at the cable running from that corner and follow it around it's "track" and see.
SolMaT
Wheel Chocker

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 06:55:49 AM »

I'm not familiar with the lift system on the Coachman. According to Wiki, it's an L&W lift system. This link may help you out. It has repair procedures and a diagram:

http://www.wikipopup.com/index.php?title=Coachman

If nothing else, you can see how simple or complex it is to work on.
wavery
PUX is my life

TrailManor.......TRUE Pop-Up

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 07:14:20 AM »

I'm not familiar with the lift system on the Coachman. According to Wiki, it's an L&W lift system. This link may help you out. It has repair procedures and a diagram:

If nothing else, you can see how simple or complex it is to work on.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 07:15:02 AM by wavery » Logged

Wayne, Carolyn & Sccamp 14  grandkids  ...Southern California
--------------
'98 Winnebago Adventurer 33
160W Solar Panels, Dual 6V Batteries

EX PU- '04 Trailmanor 2720SL........ 

3X PU '02 Coleman Tacoma

EX- TV - 2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 (ext cab) 157" WB.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: