November 23, 2014, 10:32:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pop-up Vinyl / Canvas repair  (Read 6300 times)
Phoenix
Wheel Chocker

« on: July 13, 2009, 03:26:12 PM »

[tv-ford]I have a Phoenix (Coyote) Pop-up Camper on my truck.  After several years of use, the grey vinyl (canvas) in the pop- up section has a few nicks and small tears starting.  I have a small roll of repair vinly material (same as original material) but have no idea of what type of glue to use.  Since it is vinyl like, do I use PVC glue or would I best be suited to go to a Marine Store and buy a rubber boat repair kit.    Pickup Red 
austinado16
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 09:24:03 PM »

Have you thought about removing the canvas and having the patches sewn by an automotive upholstery shop?
Phoenix
Wheel Chocker

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 08:58:05 AM »

It is a major task to remove the canvas on a pick-up style pop-up camper.  Patching is the only way to do it.
jsgold
Chocks-a-lot

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 10:20:01 AM »

I have used "Tear Aid" on my vinyl canvas after an unexpected and near disastrous storm came up a couple of years ago and we wound up with a hole on ours. Works GREAT and does not leak, easy to use.  We just barely missed being flattened by a 80' + tall Sycamore at Gerald Freeman campground near Sutton WV, but got a 2-3" hole in the top above my bed from a smaller limb.  We have been through several rains with it and no leaks or even a hint of one. Bought mine on Ebay

http://www.tear-aid.com/

2004 Viking Epic 1706
2004 Chevy Blazer LS
H&W on our own nowadays - time for camping and fishing
An adventure where ever we camp

DAYS CAMPED OUT IN 2009
magicfish
Chocks-a-lot

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 10:42:54 AM »

If you can't find that Tear Aid, use a vinyl cement. I have found HH-66 to be excellent, but the stuff you get in a tube at sporting goods stores should do in a pinch.
Glenn
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: