August 20, 2014, 04:22:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Starcraft Star Stream or RT Pop-up  (Read 7320 times)
Wolfe59
Handle Cranker

« on: January 28, 2009, 10:52:39 AM »

I am moving back to a pop-up after a couple of years in a hybrid.  We love our hybrid but due to the sub-division Nazi's (they don't like seeing my trailer over our privacy fence) I am going to go back to a pop-up instead of storing our hybrid off-site.  I really like the looks of the Star Stream ss3414 and 3416 but have not heard any comments from any owners.  I also like the StarCraft RT but again can't seem to find much information from an owner.  Does anyone have any of these models?  Would love to hear some feedback as well as seeing some  pictures other than the ones on the Starcraft web-site.

me(59)
dw(61)
ds(87)
dd(91)
2003 Surveyor SL190T Hybrid
2002 Trailblazer
Ross J
Back-er-in-er

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 02:08:10 PM »

If you want a StarStream you better hurry because apparently they're being discontinued.  We were looking at the StarStream popups and travel trailers at the Toronto RV Show a couple weeks ago and that's what the salesman told us.  Since Starcraft and Jayco are part of the same family, they are eliminating some of the duplication in the product line.  Too bad, because these are nice trailers.

Ross & Brenda J., a.k.a. "Bosco Bear"
Keswick, Ontario
N44.22241, W79.46775  Canada

'02 Fleetwood Santa Fe
'06 Fleetwood Bayside
'08 Starcraft Antigua 195CK
'13 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 V6 in "Black Gold"
'08 Jeep Liberty 4x4 V6

Come see  Our Photos

Magical Flying Camper Club
easternshorebilly
Handle Cranker

Denton, Maryland

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 04:55:38 PM »

Proud owner of  1 2007 Starcraft rt13. So far it has worked well for our family( myself, wife, 4yo, 1yo, and      1  60# muttsky "Kayak"). We have used the camper under various conditions, and again we have had no complaints. For us(= me), one of the major considerations was to be able to tow the trailer down a couple ORV trails that we have in the western portion of our state. With the higher clearance fording a couple stream crossings is not a problem. But as far a being a truely "offroad" camper, look elsewhere. Another consideration was the toilet for the late night potty calls of my 4 year old. I don't even have to get out of the bunkend for her to use the potty.
I haven't owned a Pop up prior to this, so I can't really offer much for comparison. I be happy to offer answers to questions......

Maryland
5th Wheel Grey Pickup GreyDodge
Keystone  
Copper Canyon
292FWBHS

PopUp Blue 2007 Starcraft    13RT *sold*                    

***"FIREFIGHTERS STILL MAKE HOUSE CALLS"***
weekendwanderer
Chocks-a-lot

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 06:37:25 PM »

We have the 14RT. I think it's the same as the 13rt but it has a deck. We've had it for about two and a half years and we love it. We just camped two weekends ago in northern FL in 20 degree weather. We were real glad to have that gas furnace! The toilet is great for middle of the night emergencys. The shower is cumbersome but useable if your careful. It comes in handy when you come across one of those bath houses you don't even want to use the bathroom in. It's also useful if you camp anywhere without hookups or facilities. The RT models are fully self contained. The bunks are spacious and can hold alot of weight. The deck is great for hauling anything and everything. On our last trip I hauled my dual purpose motorcycle with me. Last but not least, the trailer tows great. Never fish tails. You can see some pictures of my RT set up if you click the my pics link below.

Me '74 Cool
DW '68 Kisses
DS '00 Evil
DD '07 Blush

2005 Dodge Quad Cab 1500 Hemi  Pickup BlueDodge
2003 Chevy S-10  Pickup Blue Chevrolet
2006 Starcraft 14rt  PopUp Green
 USA Florida  Jolly Roger

Martini    BEER!

[usa]Our Pictures[usa]

PopUp Green Pickup Blue PopUp Green Pickup Blue PopUp Green Pickup Blue PopUp Green Pickup Blue PopUp Green Pickup Blue PopUp Green Pickup Blue PopUp Green Pickup Blue PopUp Green Pickup Blue PopUp Green Pickup Blue PopUp Green Pickup Blue

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: