April 19, 2014, 09:06:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dusty's RV - Bartow Florida  (Read 8270 times)
wantoo
Kindlin' Collector

« on: November 11, 2008, 05:50:38 PM »

I purchaed a new Fleetwood Niagra from Dusty's RV.  This was the worst sales experience I have ever encountered. 

Before the actual purchase my sales rep and everyone at the dealer were treating me like a long lost relative.  After and I mean immediately after I signed on the bottom line. They dumped me like a red headed step child!

While I really like my camper - I would gladly travel 200+ miles when I purchase me next one rather than buy from Dusty's again.

Matt Vidosh
TooManyTents
Parking Heckler

Willamette Valley, Oregon

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 08:12:42 PM »

Welcome to PUX Matt.
I assume you talked with the owner/manager and are not just venting here.  Other than offer sympathy, we can't do much.  The owner can.  Presumably he understands that repeat business and word of mouth (positive) advertising are good for his business and irritating customers and driving them away is bad for his business.  Especially in tough economic times, a smart manager does things that are good for his business.

What did the dealer/manager say?  I see they are part of Camping World.  Have you tried contacting a Camping World regional manager or sales VP?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 08:16:57 PM by TooManyTents » Logged

Dave Oregon - 1999 Coleman Cheyenne   2003.5 Coleman Utah  PopUp Grey  Pickup White ---->  2011 Ever-Lite 27RB TravTrl Long Green  Pickup White
Campingone
Back-er-in-er

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 03:22:59 AM »

http://www.southernrvcenter.com/

I think you would be very happy with these people.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 03:24:36 AM by Campingone » Logged

2002 KZ Sportsmen 2505qss
1999 F-150

Gamble Rogers
fatherof5
Chocks-a-lot

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 01:48:35 PM »

Before I purchased my Avalon in late September from Tom Johnson in Concord, NC I had been in touch with my local dealership in Raleigh. I was not happy with some of the sales techniques and after a very disrespectful conversation with one of the sales reps in Raleigh I decided to call FTCA directly to let them know about my experience with one of their dealers. They were very appreciative of the information. These dealerships have to maintain a certain minimal level of service in order to sell the FTCA product... the more negative the customers experiences the greater the likelyhood that the manufacturer will consider changing dealers for a specific market. My suggestion is that you call FTCA in Somerset, PA and ask for someone in the sales department... I am sure they would like to know more about your experience.

2008 Chevrolet Suburban 4x4
2009 Coleman Avalon with
     Equilizer Anti-Sway Bar and Weight Distribution Hitch
     (2) 6V Trojan T-125 Plus Batteries in Series

Charles (Me) '70
Michelle (DW) '71
DD '95
DS '99
DD x 2 '02
DS '03
tampajim
Back-er-in-er

Brandon Florida

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 04:48:31 PM »

Matt.....I'm really surprised at the service you received at Dusty's. I bought one of my popups from them and have a few friends purchase TT from them also, no one that I know has ever had an issue with Dusty's. I have used their service dept once and while it did take longer than anticapted to resolve the issue, they were with me through the entire process. Maybe you just hit them on a bad day. I haven't had any contact with them in months and maybe the economy is getting to them. Lazy Day's RV, the "so called" largest dealer in the US, closer to my home has laid off a signicificant amount of people from their operations so maybe they are scapping the bottom of the barrel.

I do have a neighborhood acquentice that works at Dusty's. If you would like to send me a private email, I would be happy to deliver her your concerns and see if they can redeem themselves.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 05:00:39 PM by tampajim » Logged

TampaJim
Brandon, FL  Florida   USA
DH - '60 Cool, DW - '60 Dead, DD - '97 Kisses, DD - '00 Kisses
2004 Fleetwood Sequoia  PopUp Blue, 2003 DodgeDurango Dodge  SUV Green 

Florida Pop Up Campers Club
http://www.floridapopupcampers.com
wantoo
Kindlin' Collector

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 06:30:26 PM »

Just a quick thank you to everyone for the useful advice. Cool
tampajim
Back-er-in-er

Brandon Florida

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 07:42:37 PM »

Just an update that I offered to take Matt's complaints to a Dusty's RV salesperson that I knew but never received a PM from him. I also checked his previous other four posts and see that 100% of them are bashing Dusty's so I believe this person has an agenda.

TampaJim
Brandon, FL  Florida   USA
DH - '60 Cool, DW - '60 Dead, DD - '97 Kisses, DD - '00 Kisses
2004 Fleetwood Sequoia  PopUp Blue, 2003 DodgeDurango Dodge  SUV Green 

Florida Pop Up Campers Club
http://www.floridapopupcampers.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: