October 23, 2014, 01:56:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1991 Palomino Shetland Front Door Question  (Read 3352 times)
Fraggboy
Kindlin' Collector

« on: August 09, 2008, 02:40:12 PM »

Hello.  First post here, as well as first pop-up.  We purchased a 1991 Palomino Shetland pop-up, and am having issues with putting up the front door when we want to take it down. We can swing the door up to the roof, but there is no way to latch it on the roof.  There are 2 places for a small screw on the roof, but we think something is missing.  Does anyone know what we need to get so we can secure the door to the roof?  Pictures would be greatly appreciated, and/or part number(s)/description of the hardware needed.

Thank you for looking.  We greatly appreciate it!!

dupreet
Back-er-in-er

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 05:14:06 AM »

Hi,I have a '89 Palomino - mine is a 'hardwall' unit, but I bet they used the same window latch to hold the door frame in place when the camper is popped up.  Here is a photo that has the original latch and two secondary latches I put in.  I found the original one just didn't hold well, so I put two 'cam latches' that I got at Home Depot on the sides of the frame to make sure it stays in place.  I also replaced a cheesy window latch with one of the cam latches to hold the top & bottom halves of the door together (don't know if you have a two-piece door).http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/249219913736481DiXgcPGood Luck!Todd[st-NC] Wife & 3 Kids[:D] Too Many Pets[popgrey] '88 Palomino TXL hardsider[tv-ford]  Van Black '93 Ford E-35 Vanhttp://community.webshots.com/user/Crazy_Camper

North Carolina Wife & 3 Kids
Big Smile Too Many Pets
1988 Wilderness 24' TT
Ford  Van Black '93 Ford E-350 Van

http://community.webshots.com/user/Crazy_Camper
bigblue
Chocks-a-lot

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 09:23:48 AM »

There are two plastic latches missing that when you have the door against the roof you turn them and they catch the bottom of the door. I would just get a couple of small peices of wood and drill a hole in each put a couple of washers between the roof and the wood,screw them up there and use it that way.LarryCindy26 GMC Sierra Extended cab [tv-gmc]23 Palomino Yearling RL   PopUp Blue Pickup White Georgia Official Keeper Of The Flame Georgia

Larry
Cindy
2006 GMC Sierra Extended cab GMC
2003 Palomino Yearling RL   PopUp Blue Pickup White

Georgia Official Keeper Of The Flame Georgia
Fraggboy
Kindlin' Collector

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 03:04:59 AM »

Thank you guys!  Appreciate the information.  I did find the latches that go on the roof and it attaches to the roof when we put it up.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: