November 28, 2014, 05:05:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New pop up .... Need storage ideas for clothing  (Read 18877 times)
ccorreia
Kindlin' Collector

« on: June 18, 2008, 03:53:33 AM »

We just got our new 2009 Starcraft Centennial 3610 last week and I'm so glad I found this site.  Thanks for the great advice on bedding!  Our beds are not anywhere near standard size (67x78) so the jersey sheets idea was a Godsend!  Now I need some storage ideas.  I've used up ALL the storage/counter areas on the 3610 and have no where to put our clothes.  Unfortunately, now that the Centennials come with heated pillow-top mattresses, the Space Stations cannot be installed.  So, anyone have any ideas?  Thanks!

USA  September 11  California

PopUp Blue 2009 Starcraft Centennial 3610
 SUV Grey 2006 GMC Yukon Denali XL
 SUV White 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Car Blue 2005 Saturn Ion Red Line
DH's boat:  2005 Nitro 189 Sport

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day.  
Teach a man to fish and he'll sit in his boat all day and drink beer!

kendeb
Chocks-a-lot

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 04:10:07 AM »

For short trips we just use duffle bags.  For a weeklong trip we did last year, we put our clothes into rubbermaid totes -- a tote for each person (there were 5 of us).  The rule was that you had to keep all your stuff contained in your tote so that the camper didn't get too messy.  We just had them sitting across the counter top.  Some friends of ours stack them outside their camper.  Since they are waterproof, as long as you make sure the lids are closed, that should work.  I don't know how many people are in your family, but if there are only two of you, you could use the empty bunkend to hold your bags or totes.  When we go on short trips there are usually only 3 of us, so my daughter usually keeps her bag right on her bunkend with her.Hope this helps!Ken '6 & Debbie '63His kids '85, '87 & Her kids '9, '95Buddy the dog, Fluffy the cat, Sean the cat[popgreen]2 Viking[suv-b]1998 Ford Explorer[car-w]1999 Toyota [car-r]1989 Camaro Convertible

Ken '60 & Debbie '63
His kids '85, '87 & Her kids '90, '95
Chloe the dog, Fluffy the cat
2000 Viking
1998 Ford Explorer
2004 Nissan Sentra
1989 Camaro Convertible
1984 Honda Shadow 750
MrsGKSmith
Back-er-in-er

Western NY

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 04:16:27 AM »

We have a set of plastic drawers for the girls basics (underware, socks, jammies, sweats, long sleeved shirt, pants, shorts)  If we are only going for a weekend, all of their clothing can be in the drawers.  If we are gone longer, all of their basics go in the drawers and the other clothes go in a small suitcase.  DH and I each take our own suitcases for our stuff.  Sometimes they are in the way, but for the most part it works for us at this time.
Nancy, Glenn, DD#1 Logan (3/1), DD#2 Brynn (4/3), DD#3 Tegan (7/5)from Texas live in [st-NY]24 Fleetwood Hemlock  PopUp Green SUV Green 23 Honda PilotDH's new toy is a 28 long bed, crew cab, Nissan TitanWaiting for warm weather to try it as a tow vehicle...http://community.webshots.com/user/mrsgksmithWho says camping has to mean roughing it?

Nancy, Glenn, DD#1 Logan (3/01), DD#2 Brynn (4/03), DD#3 Tegan (7/05)
from Texas live in New York
2004 Fleetwood Hemlock  PopUp Green[truck-g] 2008 Nissan Titan long bed, crew cab
formerly towed with a 2003 Honda Pilot

http://community.webshots.com/user/mrsgksmith

Who says camping has to mean roughing it?
ccorreia
Kindlin' Collector

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 05:01:38 AM »

There are four of us, so there isn't an empty bunk.  Also, we don't have any counter space to put plastic drawers or tubs/duffel bags on.  I've put modular cube cabinets on top of each counter to hold all my food and cooking paraphernalia ... even though we are camping, I still cook like we are home.I'm pretty good at sewing.  Do you think I could maybe make something with pockets that could hang on the bunk end poles (near the window)?  Will the poles hold the weight without being damaged?  Anyone make something like this?29 Starcraft Centennial 36126 GMC Yukon Denali XL25 Nitro 189 Sport

USA  September 11  California

PopUp Blue 2009 Starcraft Centennial 3610
 SUV Grey 2006 GMC Yukon Denali XL
 SUV White 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Car Blue 2005 Saturn Ion Red Line
DH's boat:  2005 Nitro 189 Sport

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day.  
Teach a man to fish and he'll sit in his boat all day and drink beer!

JD and Beastlet
Camp Host
PUXaholic

Ottawa, ON

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 05:20:15 AM »

Welcome to PUX!We use generic plastic drawers, one for each of the three of us.  We put them on the short road side arm of our U-shaped gaucho.click the pic...PUX's Biggest Loser: topic | tracking spreadsheet

2008 Starcraft ST 2700BH behind 2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4x4.
Linked by ProPride 3P 1400, stopped by Prodigy, guided by Garmin nvi 1490 LMT, reflected by McKesh.
pianojuggler
Back-er-in-er

Pacific Northwet

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 05:32:12 AM »

You can try something like this -- or, since you are handy with a sewing machine, you could make something similar:One of thesewhich holds three of theseand three pairs of theseThere is also a similar product: hanging thingy + drawers.I wouldn't hang much weight on the bunk-end poles, but the ceiling can hold some weight... Coleman/Fleetwood PUPs have the rails for the door that are pretty sturdy, or you can rig up something else like a piece of closet-rod that runs from side to side.1995 E32 Waggin[popgreen] 1992 Coleman Roanoke

SUV Blue 2000 ML430  PopUp Green 1995 Coleman Utah
Gman
Off Duty Moderator
Parking Heckler

Burlington, ON. Canada

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 05:44:27 AM »

Camp at a nudist park - problem solved WinkTongue. If that won't work for you, we used various Sterilite products.http://www.sterilite.com/ If you can find some spare counter space, floor space, or even unused couch space place some of the "drawer carts" or "closet drawers" there. Remember, don't just buy based on size while the roof is up, remember the storage of the unit while roof is down and do you have space for it.Good luck.
Ontario Beer  '69 (Me) Big Smile, '71 (DW) Kisses, ' (DD) Blush, '2 (DS) Clown Beer  Canada'8 Starcraft Antigua 195CK ..... Hybrid SUV Black..... '3 Chevy Trailblazer 4x4 4.2 L. V6[popblue]'5 Fleetwood Resolute - traded on current ANTTekonsha Prodigy/Equal-i-zer WDH/Barker Hi-Power 3Nights camped for '8 (1) - "A FYBO III & IV Survivor" -  Gman's Photos
Magical Flying Camper Club

2011 KZ Spree 220KS TravTrl Blue SUV White 2006 Ford Expedition Ltd. 5.4L/3.73
Hitch by Equal-i-zer, Vision by McKesh, Smoke by Weber
MFCC Un-member / FYBO Survivor
warwgn3
Chocks-a-lot

Car shows are 2nd only to camping!

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 06:45:51 AM »

I just throw everything in a gym bag, and stuff it in the storage cabinet under one of the beds.CheersDoug (‘81) Canada, DB (‘78) Canada, DF (‘51) Canada, DM, (‘56)Germany1979 Lionel M-51971 SE.Woods AdventurerTow Vehicles:199 Lincoln Continental Mark VII.1999 Suzuki Grand Vitaranon-TV's:1998 Pontiac Firefly1991 GMC Safari1988 Chrysler Daytona Shelby-ZCamping since 1981Places I’ve Camped in:  Canada - Quebec Ontario New Brunswick Nova Scotia USA - Wisconsin [st-MI]Nights camped in 27: 12

Cheers
Doug Corrigan
1971 SE.Woods Adventurer

Tow Vehicles:
2002 Chevrolet Astro LT. TL: 4,800 lbs
1990 Lincoln Continental Mark VII. TL: 2,000 lbs
1999 Suzuki Grand Vitara J2 4x4. TL: 1,500 lbs
jndrake
Handle Cranker

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 08:58:18 AM »

We have been using duffel bags that sit on the bunk end or on the bench beside the bunk during the day but I have decided to buy a three drawer sterelite that I saw at Walmart. It looks like a dresser and I think it will hold a lot of clothes. We have an old camper so I'm not sure if you would consider what we are going to do but we are going to install a lightweight metal towel rack to the ceiling close to the wall which would go over the "dresser" and then attach s hooks to it and crimp one end so we will have a place to hang hoodies, jackets, rain coats etc because now they always seem to get tossed around from bunk to bench to floor to where ever and I want to get more organized. We are going to add it this weekend before our five day trip next week for Canada day weekend camping. If it works out like I hope, I'll take pictures and post them on my community web shots. IF not, I wont[;)] Canada    Prince Edward Island PopUp Cyan 1973 AMF SunKamper[van-gr] 1999 Dodge CaravanME 1977  Prince Edward Island  [Y]DH Corey 1973 New Foundland  [beer]DS #1 William 24DS #2 Samuel 26http://community.webshots.com/user/jndrake

http://community.webshots.com/user/jndrake

Canada Prince Edward Island

PopUp Cyan Pickup Red
2005 GMC Youkon XL
1973 AMF SunKamper

ME 1977  Prince Edward Island  Martini
DH Corey 1973 New Foundland  Beer
DS #1 William 2004
DS #2 Samuel 2006
DS #3 Matthew 2009
bonscott
Handle Cranker

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 09:08:01 AM »

Just suitcases here.I might suggest a duffel back for each person that they keep at the foot of their sleeping place.  Doesn't take up any storage room and each kid/adult has their own clothes bag so you're not digging thru someone else's stuff.  At night just pile them up on an unused bench.  Morning put them back on the bunks.  Just an idea.Scott

Scott
Baytoven
Parking Heckler

Aridzona

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 09:51:41 AM »

We do the duffle shuffle, and it works fine for us.  I pack a garbage bag with a dryer sheet in each duffle.  Dirty clothes get packed in the bag, right back in the duffle, so dirty clothes don't accumulate in a separate place.Baytoven(Me)Kisses & Gdog(DH)Evil[st-AZ]DS('92) DS('95) DD('97)'4 Expedition/'99 Niagara (aka Williamsburg)  PopUp Green SUV Red

Baytoven(Me) & Gdog(DH)
DS('92) DS('95) DD('97)
'04 Expedition/'99 Niagara (aka Williamsburg)  PopUp Green SUV Red
erjs05
Back-er-in-er

Norton Ma.

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 03:28:10 PM »

We use the IKEA organizer that pianojuggler is linking. We have the green and white Vacker without the draws because I am way to lazy to open a draw if I don't have to. Not quite sure how to word this but it has firm bottoms that don't sag when you stuff them.25 Flagstaff 524sshttp://www.gallery.pstartech.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=68768

2013 Passport 2300BH
Bill and Patti
Wheel Chocker

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 07:13:23 PM »

We just keep our clothes in duffle bags at one end or side of the bunk, The bunks are big enough that the duffle bags rarely interfere with sleeping. And if they do, they are just moved to the bench or dinette seat for the night, and back to the bunk in the morning.The two of us, 5 children(3 boys, 2 girls), 1 grand daughter[st-MD]    BEER! BEER! BEER!"9" 15 4x4 Diesel Chevrolet  Pickup Red "5" 15 4x4 crew cab Chevrolet  Pickup Black"9" Cheyenne  PopUp Green "8" Avalon  PopUp Green

The two of us, 5 children(3 boys, 2 girls), 1 grand daughter
Maryland    BEER! BEER! BEER!
"90" 1500 4x4 Diesel Chevrolet  Pickup Red
"05" 1500 4x4 crew cab Chevrolet  Pickup Black
"90" Cheyenne  PopUp Green
"08" Avalon  PopUp Green
Idaho
Chocks-a-lot

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 07:52:36 PM »

Our old Jayco has an almost 3' wide clothes closet that folds down into the isle to pop down.  It works great.  Doesn't any manufacturer make something like that anymore? Pickup Red   21 Toyoto Tacoma DoubleCab[popgreen]    1986 Jayco Jay KingIf I didn't write it down, it never happened.

Pickup Red   2001 Toyoto Tacoma DoubleCab
 PopUp Green    1986 Jayco Jay King

If I didn't write it down, it never happened.
ByersBunch
Handle Cranker

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 11:12:46 AM »

We have the centennial 368 so quite similar.  We use plastic stacking drawers that measure about 2x2" and they fit perfectly if I just take away the small square cusion on the bench on the l-couch.  We don't really sit there anyways.  Everyone just gets their own drawer.  We load clothes into them, carry them out to the trailer, they sit inside on the floor or in the back on the truck and once we are popped up, we are ready to go.  We always have a laundry basket that houses our clean linens, bedding and such and that stores under the dinette for dirty laundry.  At the end of the trip, the drawers go back to each owners room, clean clothes unused are put away and the drawer stores in their closet until the next trip.  We also keep a rubbermaid bin in the back on the truck that always has light jackets, spare shoes etc.  We seem to have enough storage space, it was just smart packing.  We bought this for all cutlery and utensils which is handy as it keeps verything in a tight spot on our counter.http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_detail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=148474396672187&bmUID=1213998934&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524443283687&assortment=primary&fromSearch=true26 Starcraft Centennial 36826 Chevy Trailblazer EXT

2006 Starcraft Centennial 3608
2006 Chevy Trailblazer EXT
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: