October 21, 2014, 10:20:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 ... 62
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome  (Read 354083 times)
xmasteach
Wheel Chocker

« Reply #825 on: January 21, 2012, 10:49:27 AM »

I am so glad I found this forum.  First post and hope for many more.  Just bought a 2012 Aliner Classic, titanium.  I found a used one, which moved up my purchase about a year.   Picking it up in Indiana 2/10/12 and bring it back home to Florida.  Can hardly wait until first trip. My wonderful significant friend, (hate boyfriend term) WSF and I look forward to retirement and travel

Chalet/Aliner
Cathy and Jack Florida

Cathy
Jack (BFF)
Aliner Classic Titanium
Subaru Forester
Geodude
Sr. Moderator
PUX is my life

Ottawa, Ontario

« Reply #826 on: January 21, 2012, 01:02:37 PM »

Welcome!  Nothing like a good road trip right from the start.  Let us know how it goes!

2012 Heartland Greystone 33CK, 38' triple-slide 5er
2011 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 6.7L Power Stroke diesel, short box, crew cab, 4WD + Husky 16K EZ Roller 5th wheel hitch

Issue 16.3 of PopUp Times is coming!  Also in the iTunes store, including 16.1 for free for a limited time for you test drivers.  Get in on the action, subscribe today!
Cplfly
Handle Cranker

« Reply #827 on: February 05, 2012, 05:09:39 PM »

Hello, I just signed up here. I live in Washington state,I have a F-150 and a 2005 Starcraft 12RT,got it new in early 2006 and I like it alot. we had 3 pop ups when I was growing up so I knew about them. I've been to Oregon and Idaho with it so far,plus lots of local trips.......Scotty.............Anybody else with the 12RT or any of the RT series I'd like to hear from you

2005 Starcraft 12RT,2006 F-150,The Great Pacific Northwest
Boatmonkey
Wheel Chocker

« Reply #828 on: February 05, 2012, 06:20:45 PM »

Cplfly, I have a new-to-me 13RT.  We bought it at the end of last season and only had the chance to use it one time.  We absolutely love this pop-up.  We borrowed a Colman E3 from a friend before we purchased ours, and I have to say that the Starcraft version of an offroad pop-up is MUCH nicer.  I have spent some time customizing it and repairing a panel that got wet and fell apart.  Looking forward to many camping trips. 

08 Starcraft 13rt
bubbabursk
Wheel Chocker

« Reply #829 on: March 12, 2012, 11:59:50 PM »

Hi to all and thanks for logging all of your useful information to get me on here too much already.  I had to sign up!  I'm rockin' a currently-being-overhauled 1976 Starcraft Starmaster 6 (gifted to us).  This diamond in the loooong rough is pulled by my Land Rover LR3, and I am accompanied by the old lady,  our two rugrats, and soon our chubby beagle and lengthy great dane.  See you out there!

gravity is workin' against me

'76 Starcraft Starmaster 6
'06 Land Rover LR3
Lindz
Handle Cranker

« Reply #830 on: March 16, 2012, 12:32:19 PM »

After 8 long months of lurking I finally signed up and am ready to jump in as a poster!

I'm Lindz.  Me, my husband, and our 2 preschool aged daughters took up camping last summer as a way to beat the economy's drain on our vacation funds.  We bought a Craigslisted pup ('97 Palomino Pony) and did about 8 weekends camping between July and January (including camping on New Year's when the GA temps finally dipped below freezing... brrrrrrr).  Discovered we loved camping obviously, haha.  In February we temporarily went insane sold our pup in an ill-fated attempt to "upgrade" our rig and bought a vintage travel trailer... which promptly killed the tranny in our under-equipped geriatric SUV.  Sold that disaster camper and bought a new to us family car (the '04 Pilot) and another Craigslist special, a '99 Rockwood Freedom 1980, which feels like a huge upgrade from the Palomino with its A/C unit and rear gaucho, despite it still being a nice and petite 10 ft box.  So we are back in the camping game and gearing up to leave tomorrow for our first camping trip in our new SUV/pup combo.  Having learned our lesson the hard way, we are now towing with a transmission cooler and class III hitch.  Wink  CAT scales in town will be our first stop before the highway (just in case). Trailer brakes are next on the shopping list (we are staying close to home for this first trip out with the new rig).

I've learned SO MUCH from this forum, especially while spending at least two weeks reading justaboutevery thread ever written on towing while we shopped for a new family car/TV and pup.  Just wish I'd read all the ones about "buying your second camper first" before we took the plunge last summer to begin with... but anyways... big shout out to everyone... I kinda feel like I "know" some of you already considering how many of your posts I've read! (cough Wavery and Oz cough cough)   Grin

Let's all take advantage of this gorgeous weather we are having and get out and CAMP!!!

Lindz, the camping boss mama
DH Chris
4 yr old DD
2 yr old DD
'04 Pilot pulling a '99 Rockwood
Camping with preschoolers puts the fun in dysfunctional!
krinen
Wheel Chocker

North Carolina

« Reply #831 on: May 21, 2012, 05:33:53 PM »

Hello All!

I am so thrilled to finally be here "officially" instead of just lurking! I'm a single mom in NC and have been tent camping with my kids for years, but have been dreaming of getting a popup every year for the last...::whisper:: 5 years! Well, I finally stopped dreaming and put a deposit on a 2012 Forest River Flagstaff 228 that I will be towing with a Ford Escape. I am excited to finally get these old bones off the ground, but also a bit terrified about taking the plunge into a towable. I had finally gotten loading the SUV for tent camping down to under 30 minutes (not counting corralling the teens), so hopefully my learning curve is still OK, because I have so much to learn (the least of which is how to post, LOL)!!

PopUp Blue  SUV Black

Krinen

Krinen 
DS1 1990
DS2 1995
DS3 1998
Lucy the "I don't care where we camp, Mommy, as long as there is swimming" golden labradoodle
 PopUp Blue  SUV Black
2012 Flagstaff 228
2006 Ford Escape
Between Trips
Off Duty Moderator
PUX is my life

North Texas

« Reply #832 on: May 21, 2012, 05:37:56 PM »

Welcome Krinen! Enjoy your new Flagstaff.

USA  2007 KZ Spree 320BHS  TravTrl Long Black SUV Grey  2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L PSD  Texas
 PopUp Green 1976 Starcraft Starmaster 8     September 11     1999 Keystone Cabana 1700  Hybrid
photo gallery
FreeBirdMR
Kindlin' Collector

« Reply #833 on: May 30, 2012, 02:50:48 PM »

Hi there! Glad to be here and  get to know some fellow camper lovers!

Camping from PA!
Night Owl
Handle Cranker

West Central Florida

« Reply #834 on: May 30, 2012, 03:34:55 PM »

Welcome FreeBird & Lindz!!!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 03:37:22 PM by Night Owl » Logged

Cool Mike    Kisses Josie
 Bogey Maggie

PopUp Green  2004 Fleetwood Redwood
 SUV Yellow 2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Zhusky
Kindlin' Collector

« Reply #835 on: May 31, 2012, 08:24:54 AM »

Just joined.  Found a lot of good information already, thank you!!  Just bought our first camper (Avalon) last year and broke it in with a week in Glacier.  First trip of 2012 coming up this weekend.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 08:41:53 AM by Zhusky » Logged

Z
2009 Fleetwood/Coleman Avalon  PopUp Grey
2007 Suburban  SUV Yellow
Gabe
Kindlin' Collector

« Reply #836 on: May 31, 2012, 04:35:09 PM »

Hi everyone!!

Gabe here. I'm a complete PUP N0000B. Well, I suppose it would be more accurate to say I know NOTHING about this whole concept, except that I have a wife (or is that DW in these parts?) that's hot about the idea of camping. She sells it well, so I must admit she might be on to something (just don't tell her I said that!).

But I need some help before jumping in cold. We will most likely be buying a used unit sometime before the end of this summer, so I'll be lurking, reading, learning, and likely be asking a ton of questions around here. For example, what the heck is Electric Steering on a PUP, and why do I want my trailer to steer?  Huh?

Thanks so much in advance.
Gabe
Starcraft Steve
Handle Cranker

Living the dream in Central California

« Reply #837 on: June 05, 2012, 11:45:57 AM »

For example, what the heck is Electric Steering on a PUP, and why do I want my trailer to steer?  Huh?
That's a new one to me.  I've never heard of electric steering on a PUP, but I'm a bit of a newbie myself.

Pup-up: 1969 Starcraft Compact Super 6
Tow Vehicle: 1989 Ford Bronco 5.8 351Windsor 4x4
A lethal combination Smiley
campingramps
Wheel Chocker

« Reply #838 on: June 08, 2012, 02:33:03 PM »

[:D]Hello everyone.  I have been absent from this forum for quite awhile for various reasons but I'm glad to be back. My wife and I were longtime campers but had to sell due to health problems.  I sure do miss my pop up Embarrassed  PopUp Bronze and I guess reading the posts here brings me somewhat closer to the comradery we often felt when actively camping.  Hope to get back to it soon.

Love God and Love life. You only have one of each.
Jim
Dackma
Kindlin' Collector

« Reply #839 on: June 10, 2012, 08:41:43 AM »

Hi everyone!
Just wanted to introduce myself. My DH bought a 1988 Starcraft Starmate last year. At first I was a little...ok very, reluctant since we enjoyed tent camping so much. Well, let me tell you, I am hooked or is it hitched on our pup. I am enjoying reading the forum especially the organizing posts. You all have great ideas.
Thanks, Annette
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 ... 62
  Print  

Jump to: